Forty-two cities and districts have been selected by the Ministry of Civil Affairs (MCA) and the Ministry of Finance (MOF) to be implementation areas for the 2022 Home-Based Basic Elderly Care Service Improvement Project (the project).
Supported by the central government’s special lottery public welfare fund, aimed at helping disabled and partially disabled elderly people experiencing financial hardship, the project includes two parts: the installation of 100,000 Service Beds in Home (SBH), and the provision of Home Care Services (HCS) for the elderly.
For each service user, an implementation team will conduct a comprehensive assessment of their physical ability and living conditions, before installing SBH, which will be equipped with an AI answering system, body monitoring system, and an alarm system connected to an emergency center.
Special equipment used for dining, dressing, bathing or toileting, could also be installed according to a person’s needs.
Homecare services will be offered to those in need but who have not yet installed SBH. Professionals will visit service users’ homes, offering their help with tasks such as cooking and cleaning, as well as offering counseling.
Relevant government departments and bureaus are required to formulate detailed project plans, which must be submitted to the MCA and MOF by Oct 12.
They also need to establish a work ledger, and conduct monitoring and evaluation. The progress of the project and the use of funds shall be publicized in accordance with the requirements of the Central Special Lottery Public Welfare Fund Management Measures, issued by the MOF in 2021.
The 42 selected areas:
- Xicheng District (Beijing);
- Hedong District (Tianjin);
- Tangshan City (Hebei Province);
- Yangquan City (Shanxi Province);
- Hohhot City (Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region);
- Baotou City (Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region);
- Jinzhou City (Liaoning Province);
- Baishan City (Jilin Province);
- Qiqihar City (Heilongjiang Province);
- Jiamusi City (Heilongjiang Province);
- Wuxi City (Jiangsu Province);
- Yangzhou City (Jiangsu Province);
- Hangzhou City (Zhejiang Province)
- Quzhou City (Zhejiang Province)
- Anqing City (Anhui Province);
- Xiamen City (Fujian Province);
- Sanming City (Fujian Province);
- Xinyu City (Jiangxi Province);
- Ganzhou City (Jiangxi Province);
- Fuzhou City (Jiangxi Province);
- Qingdao (Shandong Province);
- Weihai (Shandong Province);
- Hebi City (Henan Province);
- Xiangyang City (Hubei Province);
- Xianning City (Hubei Province);
- Shaoyang City (Hunan Province);
- Changde City (Hunan Province);
- Jiangmen City (Guangdong Province);
- Nanning (Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region);
- Beihai (Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region);
- Sanya City (Hainan Province);
- Shapingba District (Chongqing);
- Guang’an City (Sichuan Province);
- Zunyi City (Guizhou Province);
- Honghe Hani and Yi Autonomous Prefecture (Yunnan Province);
- Shannan City (Tibet Autonomous Region);
- Tongchuan City (Shaanxi Province);
- Zhangye City (Gansu Province);
- Haibei Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture (Qinghai Province) ;
- Shizuishan City (Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region);
- Bayingoleng Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture (Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region);
- First Division of Alar City (Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps)