According to the annual legislative work plans of the National People’s Congress and of the State Council, the General Office of the Ministry of Civil Affairs (MCA) released the 2022 Legislative Work Plan of the Ministry of Civil Affairs on Aug 19.
The plan involves the revision or enactment of four laws, three administrative regulations and three departmental rules, in response to the development needs of civil affairs:
- Formulate the Social Assistance Law;
- Revise the Organic Law of the Urban Residents’ Committee;
- Revise the Organic Law of the Villagers’ Committee;
- Revise the Charity Law.
Three administrative regulations:
- Formulate the Regulations on the Administration of Registration of Social Organizations;
- Revise the Regulations on the Administration of Funerals;
- Revise the Regulations on the Registration of Adopted Children of Chinese Citizens.
Three departmental rules:
- Formulate the Measures for the Annual Inspection of Social Organizations;
- Formulate the Measures for the Administration of the Names of Social Organizations;
- Formulate the Measures for the Implementation of the Regulations on the Administration of the Use of Geographical Names.
The plan also includes conducting research and demonstrating the legislative feasibility of the Elderly Service Law, the Child Welfare Law, the Regulations on Marriage Registration, the Administrative Measures for the Relief of Urban Homeless and Beggars, and the Civil Affairs Petition Work Measures.
The General Office requires all MCA departments and bureaus to efficiently implement the above work; it requires the Department of Policy and Regulation to be responsible for organizing, coordinating, supervising and guiding other MCA departments, as well as to communicate with relevant departments such as the National People’s Congress and the Ministry of Justice to ensure that the legislative tasks are completed on time.