NRDC is seeking a Nature Conservation Senior Project Manager to work with the Nature team in our Beijing office. This Manager will work closely with the nature and international teams to develop biodiversity conservation opportunities and advance nature conservation and climate mitigation efforts within China and internationally. The Manager’s work will cover a broad spectrum of activities ranging from conducting technical and advisory analyses, to leading a field conservation project, to presenting project results at conferences. The Manager will work with both China and U.S.-based team members and report to the China Conservation Director.
• Develop and implement nature conservation strategies and projects in alignment with biodiversity, climate mitigation, and other NRDC priorities.
• Meet regularly with Chinese and international officials to provide NRDC’s perspective on biodiversity issues and, develop joint efforts to conserve nature;
• Advocate in furtherance of NRDC’s nature and climate goals with government officials, scientists, and others from various countries at international and domestic meetings;
• Proactively identify opportunities between the Nature and International team to advance nature conservation and climate mitigation efforts internationally.
• Develop and implement tools to monitor projects, data analysis performance indicators and create reports as needed.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
• Develop and write reports for NRDC analyzing Chinese law, policies, and practices concerning biodiversity protection;
• Organize and attend relevant meetings, symposia, and conferences;
• Develop fact sheets, blogs, and other materials on Nature conservation in Chinese and translate documents from Chinese to English and from English to Chinese, as needed;
• Work with senior staff in fundraising, grant management and reporting;
• Other related duties assigned by the team.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience;
• Advanced degree in biodiversity or related environmental/natural resource studies;
• Commitment to NRDC’s mission and values.
• A substantive working experience in Chinese and international biodiversity and natural resource protection and management;
• Excellent research, writing, communication, and analytical skills.
• Experience working with Chinese government agencies;
• Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders (government, research institutes, other NGOs, industry, and local communities);
• Fluency in English and Chinese, with excellent oral and written and translation skills;
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic;
• Ability to work independently and as part of the team, with flexibility in taking international calls at odd hours.
• Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders (government, research institutes, other NGOs, industry, and local communities)
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Due to the high volume of applications NRDC receives, we will only contact candidates we would like to progress through the search process. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes, or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications will be accepted until filled. For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org and www.nrdc.cn.