The Researcher, President’s Office supports the Chief of Staff (COS) and Director of Projects, President’s Office (PD), to conduct research, develop policy notes, formulate integrated strategies, manage domestic and international network, manage partners and grants/projects and organize meetings and events. Researcher’s responsibilities are categorized as: Research and Synthesis, Strategy and Fundraising, Grants Management and Event Organization, Partnership, Collaborations, and General Management.
As part of president office, he/she will focus on international energy and climate affairs. A candidate with working experience relating to research and international climate affairs are strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Research and Synthesis
· Support the COS to synthesize the suggestions from local and international experts and organizations in the field, draft policy briefs, notes and recommendations to decision makers;
· Conduct research and landscape study on domestic and international energy and climate affairs, especially on UNFCCC, G7/G20, and important bilateral climate relations e.g., China – US, China – Europe, and China – Developing countries, etc;
· Work together with grantees and/or consultants to generate high quality reports, including providing research direction, storyline and outline;
· Draft speeches, presentations, infographics and talking points for the President, Chief of Staff and key partners on occasion;
· Support developing communications materials related to international climate affairs, including press releases, opinion pieces, blogs and we-chat articles, and etc.;
· Provide guidance to Program Associates to fulfill research assignments.
Strategy and Fundraising
· Support PD to formulate integrated strategies on international climate affairs for EF China, review and refresh strategies on a regular basis according to the field trend;
· Work with PD to propose program budget in line with taskforce strategies;
· Continuously seek opportunities to expand knowledge and experience in building domain expertise to ensure the thought leadership in the assigned areas;
· Support PD in developing, reviewing and coordinating the submission of proposals and reports to funders in coordination with Strategic Partnership team;
· Assist PD to prepare funder engagement materials such as newsletters, policy analysis, partner updates and invitations to conferences/workshops and study tours.
Grant Management and Event Organization
· Assist PD to oversee the grant-making process for the assigned grants;
· Support COS and PD to organize independently domestic and international meetings, workshops and conferences or coordinate with other programs, including assembling agenda, inviting speakers and guests, preparing meeting materials and arranging logistics, and etc.;
· Support COS and PD to provide guidance for Program Associates during grant management and event organization.
· Support COS and PD to identify and cultivate valuable domestic and international partners, including grantees, policy makers, opinion leaders, funding partners, commercial partners and other experts or leaders in the field;
· Build and maintain trust and relationships with partners for better collaboration;
· Provide thought leadership in some areas and/or provide support to partners in the field with the shared purpose of growing the field, by sharing knowledge, expertise, critical information and networks with partners.
· Proactively identify opportunities for initiative or project level collaboration, and work closely with related program staff to deliver the impact;
· Work closely with Communications team to effectively communicate the program or initiatives/projects related messages to various stakeholders;
· Share knowledge, expertise, critical information and networks with other colleagues.
· Help COS and PD to foster team spirit and a learning atmosphere within the team;
· Guide and support Program Associate’s development;
· Assist COS and PD to prepare reporting materials, such as the program updates, reports and work plan to the board and regulators;
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by President, COS and PD;
· Back up other colleagues as needed.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Education: Master’s degree or equivalent, PhD degree preferred, in related fields of international affairs, public policies, diplomacy, international cooperation in environment, energy, climate change, and economics; Deep interest in climate change and energy.
· Working Experience: About 5 years of related working experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; Strong knowledge and experiences in global climate/energy governance and climate change preferred.
· Language Level: Excellent command of spoken and written in both Chinese and English, communicates in English effectively in public, with deep understandings on western cultures.
Please email a cover letter and resume, subject line "Application of Researcher, President’s Office", to firstname.lastname@example.org.