The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is an international nonprofit environmental organization with more than 3 million members and online supporters. Since 1970, our lawyers, scientists, and other environmental specialists have worked to protect the world's natural resources, public health, and the environment. For over two decades, the NRDC has worked in China as a thought leader and trusted adviser to our partners. With a highly effective team of more than 40 members based in our Beijing office, we have worked hard at both the national and local levels to recommend, develop, and support the implementation of innovative laws, policies, technologies, and market tools that curb pollution and accelerate China’s transition to a clean, low-carbon economy. NRDC's Beijing Representative Office is registered under the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau and supervised by the National Forestry and Grassland Administration of China in accordance with applicable laws.
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is seeking a full-time Project Manager/Project Officer for its Clean Power Project. The position will be based in Beijing, China.
We are looking for a candidate with solid and relevant technical and policy analysis capability and strong relationship-building and project management skills. This position supports NRDC’s goal of expediting the peaking and reduction of China’s carbon emissions. The successful candidate will focus on NRDC’s power system decarbonization work to expedite the construction of a new power system with high levels of renewable energy and connect electric vehicles (EV) to a clean power grid.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to partner with NRDC’s staff of lawyers, scientists, and policy advocates and analysts, scientists and lawyers who protect the environment and public health through advocacy, action, and education.
· Manage NRDC’s EV-grid integration implementation, including actively working with utilities, charging infrastructure providers, EV industry stakeholders and local government officials and consultants to design and implement project and promote EV participation in local demand response pilots.
· Track and analyze power and EV industry policies, markets, business model and technology developments, and work with NRDC’s internal and external partners on developing strategies and projects that advance power system low-carbon transition.
· Conduct research and work with partners to develop research work plans and contracts, ensure projects goals and output align with NRDC’s climate objectives, manage budgets and contracts, and monitor progress to ensure timely and high quality completion.
· Work with project partners to develop policy recommendations, communicate project findings, develop project case studies and write technical and/or policy summaries and briefs, and develop and/or give presentations at conferences, meetings and workshops as needed to promote a positive policy outcome.
· Promote knowledge sharing and exchange both internally and externally, including liaising with NRDC’s power and EV project teams in the U.S. and India as applicable to exchange knowledge, share experiences and support consistent institutional strategies.
· Contribute to NRDC’s climate and clean power strategy development and fundraising efforts, support team to implement and monitor progress, and meet project compliance and reporting requirements.
· Work collaboratively with team members and partners to create a culture of teamwork, high performance and accountability.
· Master’s degree or above in fields related to energy , power systems, and/or climate/environmental fields . Position level will depend on the actual number of years of experience.
· Strong policy and quantitative analysis capabilities and the ability to conduct in-depth research and data and policy analyses.
· Knowledge of China’s power sector transition and/or transportation electrification policies and implementation progress.
· Ability to work with diverse groups from a wide array of backgrounds and levels of business knowledge.
· Ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional teams.
· Fluency in English and Chinese, with excellent oral and writing skills.
· Attention to details a must.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Due to the high volume of applications NRDC receives, we will only contact candidates we would like to progress through the search process. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes, or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications will be accepted until filled. For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org and www.nrdc.cn.