Location: Beijing, China
Reports To: Program Director/Program Officer
Program Associate, Transportation (2 open positions)
Program Associate, Low Carbon Cities (1 open position)
Program Associate, Environmental Management (1 open position)
The Program Associate (PA) is responsible for supporting Program Director (PD) and Program Officers (PO) on strategy development, funder relations, grants administration, events organization and logistics support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy Cycle and Fundraising Support
· Support PD in strategy cycles including strategy formulation and review, logic models updates, and budget setting by conducting basic research and providing input based on frequent communications with grantees;
· Help draft funder’s proposals and prepare reports to update funders on progress of related grants and projects;
· Support the related research as requested by team;
· Organize and arrange site visits for the funders to demonstrate the accomplishment of the program in the field.
Grants and Projects Management
· Administrate the grant-making process in the EF China’s grants management system, drafting Internal Expenditure Recommendation Form (IERF) and filling in necessary information to initiate the project application, monitoring and following up in the grant period, and drafting evaluation to close the grant in a timely manner;
· Collect and carry out due diligence on the grants related materials, including grant proposals, budget proposals, mid-term and end-term narrative and financial reports, the technical reports, and etc., and upload the materials to the EF China’s grants management system timely;
· Support team to monitor the project progress, help organize and attend meetings at various stages of the project and follow through to ensure desirable deliverables and outcomes;
· Manage the grant Documentation System, collect meeting materials, photos and summaries from the grantees, and ensure the quality of grant deliverables;
· Monitor the payment for granted projects, help grantees to resolve payment related issues;
· Track and keep record of the program budget, follow through spending plan and provide timely reminders to team, and reconcile the program budget internally and with SF Office;
· Support grant auditing and work with grantees to assure full compliance with EF China policies and regulations both in China and in the US;
· Organize and manage Foundation-Initiated Projects (FIPs), including consulting contracts, meetings/workshops, study tours and reports/publications. Set up FIPs, collect and review FIP reimbursement materials and ensure that necessary reimbursement materials are complete and correct. Ensure that FIP administration and reimbursement follow EF China procedures and is handled in a timely manner;
· Organize and coordinate all kinds of meetings/workshops, consultant visits, study tours and funder trips, including issuing invitation letters, arranging accommodation and transportation, scheduling meetings, assembling meeting materials, arranging or providing translation services, taking notes and developing meeting summaries, and etc.
Technical and Logistic Support
· Support PD/PO in strategy development by conducting basic research and providing input based on frequent communications with grantees;
· Conduct technical research and basic analysis as requested by PD/PO;
· Organize and arrange site visits as requested by PD/PO to demonstrate the accomplishment of the program in the field.
Collaboration and Partnership
· Proactively work with other colleagues in collaborative projects;
· Share knowledge, expertise, critical information and networks with other colleagues and/or partners under team’s guidance to increase support and demonstrate shared purpose;
· Maintain the list of partners for the program, assist in inviting international and domestic experts to support EF China’s stakeholders.
· Assist to draft reporting materials, such as annual report and work plan to the regulators, and docket narrative and logic model to the board;
· Work closely with other colleagues to support the office-wide events as required by the office;
· Translate written materials from English to Chinese or vice versa as required;
· Support the Program communication and promotion activities, including develop promotion materials, uploading reports, etc., as required by PD/PO;
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by PD;
· Back up other colleagues as needed.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Education: Bachelor’s degree and above, preferably in a related field: energy policies and strategies, energy efficiency, climate change, environmental sciences and engineering, urban planning, architecture, transportation,air quality, material sciences, public policies,etc.
· Working experience: Two-year and above working experiences as a plus. Intern or employment experience in energy policies and strategies, energy efficiency, climate change is strongly preferred.
· Language: Chinese native speaker; ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
· Project management skills: ability to manage projects according to a set of procedures and rules, follow the necessary steps rigorously, with the good understanding of the purpose, scope and timeline of the projects.
· Problem solving skills: ability to use logics to solve simple problems independently, and demonstrate potential to solve complicated problems.
· Communications: ability to communicate with others clearly, listen actively and write with clear logics.
· Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
· Mission-driven/Initiative –Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
· Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions which benefit all involved parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
Energy Foundation China provides a comprehensive benefits package, including competitive salary and generous vacation.
Please email a cover letter and resume (Chinese & English), with subject line "Application for PA", to firstname.lastname@example.org.