Location: Guangzhou, China
Application Deadline: 6 February 2022
Type of Contract/Level: Special Service Agreement (SSA) L6
Languages Required: English, Chinese
Starting Date: ASAP
Number of position：2
Expected Duration of Assignment: Six months, and renewable upon funding and satisfactory performance
Background Information – WFP
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization working to eradicate hunger and malnutrition in line with Sustainable Development Goals and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020. WFP has been providing logistics support to humanitarian agencies in response to COVID-19 and other emergency operations in China. It has been managing a hub in Guangzhou for consolidation of cargoes from humanitarian agencies and further dispatch to other countries where affected by COVID-19. WFP is also establishing an emergency response depot in Guangzhou (China Hub) that will be under United Nations Humanitarian Response Depot (UNHRD). The UNHRD is a network of humanitarian logistics platforms around the world that stores, manages and transports emergency items for humanitarian organizations.
The selected candidate will take responsibility and initiative to respond independently to partners' queries with minimal operational guidance of the supervisor. The candidate is also expected to exercise much of her/his own judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. The job holder will need to manage a small team, supervising and coaching junior staff.
The job holder will report to Logistics Officer, Head of Unit or the designate, providing specialized logistics/supply chain support functions to the China Hub's operations team to enable effective delivery of goods and services of all delivery modalities.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of shipments as per partners' requests.
2. Support the planning and preparation and delivery of shipments.
3. Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
4. Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
5. Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g., transporters, logistics service providers) to support vendor selection process.
6. Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
7. Prepare, monitor, and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
8. Support the interface of the hub operator and WFP commodity accounting data.
9. Analyze operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
10. Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. pipeline consolidation, customs clearance, packing list, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues and escalate complex issues to the supervisor.
11. Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. physical inventory, transport performance, etc.) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decisionmaking.
12. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
13. Supervise the work of more junior staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
OTHER POST REQUIREMENTS
1. Propose cargo consolidation and pallet preparation as to maximize plane payloads.
2. Review product package with aims to contribute to an efficient operation.
• Education: University degree or above in logistics, warehouse management, commodity tracking systems, logistics engineering & information, purchasing and supply management or other relevant areas. Specialized training in logistics is desirable.
• Experience: Minimum 5 year of relevant working experience (or internship) in logistics and relevant areas. Previous experience in the UN/international organizations will be considered an advantage.
Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims and warehouse management. Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts. Experience in compiling contract documentation. Experience in contract execution.
Experience in budget monitoring and reporting. Experience in plane cargo consolidation, warehousing and transportation.
• Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Chinese.
• Funcational Capacities:
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your profile. We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills.
• All female and male candidates are equally encouraged to apply for this position which is open for Chinese nationals only. To apply please send us the Personal History Form (P11) no later than 6 February 2022:
E-Mail: HR.firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject "Logistics Associate
SSA6- Ms/Mr. (Candidate’s Name)”