NRDC is seeking a China Ocean Conservation intern or part-time consultant to work in our Beijing office to support our ocean conservation work. Supporting ocean conservation within China’s domestic waters will help achieve food security goals and promote ocean health. This is a part-time position for at least 3 months. The China Ocean Conservation intern or part-time consultant will work closely with the project managers of NRDC’s China fisheries and marine protected area (MPA) projects.
· Translate important documents related to fisheries and MPA management from Chinese to English and from English to Chinese;
· Collect and summarize up-to-date dynamics and information including news, papers, reports and others concerning fisheries and MPAs;
· Assist with preparation of briefings, presentations and other writing materials as needed.
· Provide administrative support for project operation and events;
· Assist with policy and technical research and analysis on topics regarding fisheries and MPAs at national, regional and international level;
· Develop expertise on China’s domestic fishery & MPA management system and approaches.
· A degree in a relevant field such as marine conservation, fisheries science or management, ecology or natural resource management;
· Track record of conservation interest and/or work;
· Keen on learning new skills and knowledge;
· Knowledge of ocean issues a plus;
· Good writing skills in English and Chinese;
· Ability to work well with others.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and your resume (both Chinese and English) to Ms. Yao (email@example.com) and indicate your availability. The subject of your application email should be entitled “Intern/Part-Time Consultant - Ocean Conservation: your name.” The offers are made on a rolling basis.