Job Title: Director, Human Resources and Office Administration
Reports To: Vice President & Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Under the supervision of the COO, this position manages daily human resources processes and practices including HR policy and procedures, recruitment, compensation and benefits, training and talent development, performance management and so on. The position also takes lead in office administration including front desk and travel services, facility management, office supply procurement, event organization and support, etc.
The position works closely with staff and supervisors and resolve people and administration related issues to maintain high staff morale and satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. HR policy and procedures
· Develop and update HR policies, procedures and processes that adhere to Chinese Labor Law and in alignment with organizational culture, vision and values
· Monitor the staff compliance of HR related policies, and keep communicating with staff, answer questions as needed
· Advise COO and Management Team on special situations to ensure compliance of HR policies as well as to advance organizational priorities
· Understand needs of recruitment for the organization and propose the recruitment plan to COO and Management Team
· Develop and confirm job descriptions for all the positions and update according to the organization needs
· Formulate recruitment strategy, identify and manage recruitment channels and resources, and actively source and identify qualified candidates through a variety of approaches
· Conduct interviews with candidates using appropriate interviewing techniques and methods, organize staff panel interviews and discuss with the hiring manager to make final decision on key positions
· Oversee the on-boarding process for new hires and ensure the success of New Hire Orientation
3. Compensation and benefits
· Design and manage the compensation and benefit scheme to ensure a competitive talent acquisition and retention strategy
· Conduct salary benchmarking exercise on a regular basis, review and update salary scheme according to the market trend
· Select and maintain relationship with benefits vendors, renew the contract as needed, investigate discrepancies, and resolve issues
4. Training, talent development and performance review
· Assess organizational needs for talent development and develop training plan accordingly
· Identify and coordinate with field experts or training vendors to deliver the effective trainings to staff
· Oversee staff development fund application process, check staff applications and approve reimbursements
· Refine and manage the performance review process, aiming to enhance the staff performance in achieving the goals of both individual and organization
· Oversee office administration including front desk and travel services, facility management, office supply procurement and other related tasks
· Develop administration policies and procedures and keep reviewing and updating as needed
· Lead negotiation and renewal of office lease, manage office expansion as needed
· Oversee the procurement of office facilities, supplies or services, aiming to achieve right balance of service quality and cost efficiency
· Lead the administration team to provide support for office-wide events including transportation, meals, accommodations, activities, and other necessary arrangements
6. Other related tasks
· Support COO to build mission-based organizational culture and enhance organizational effectiveness and performance
· Help to maintain healthy staff relationship and provide necessary support to all staff when needed
· Design HR&Admin team structure, work allocation and working flow to fulfill the department goals
· Provide managerial supervision and demonstrate leadership on talent selection, on-the-job coaching, training, professional development and performance management to team members
· Foster team spirit and a learning atmosphere within the team
· Develop and control G&A budget for HR&Admin department
· Help organize office-wide events as needed
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by COO
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related majors.
· Working experience: minimum 10 years of related working experiences in the areas of human resources and administration, with supervisory experience. Experience in NGO is preferred.
· Language level: proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese.
· Process management: demonstrate awareness of entire process leading to expected result, carry out a systematic course of action to ensure successful delivery or end-products, determine priorities and allocates time and resources effectively.
· Communication: ability to communicate logically and articulate key messages/points with clear structure and fact-based supporting arguments, listen actively to audience’s purpose, and communicate effectively in public, is able to sense and take care of audience’s emotion and unspoken views to align with them.
· Problem solving: ability to define and prioritize the key issues when facing complex situations, make analysis with logical reasoning, propose possible solutions and resolve some complicated issues independently, determine the best solution in a holistic approach.
· Service orientation: delicate to meet the expectations and requirements of other colleagues in line with organization goal, understand other's needs with empathy, and show consideration, act with can-do attitude and go extra miles in providing services to others.
· Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
· Mission-driven/Initiative –Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
· Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions, which benefit all involved. parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
Please email a cover letter and resume, with subject line "Application for Director, HR & Office Admin", firstname.lastname@example.org.