Finance Manager is responsible for supporting Finance Director to manage all financial tasks for Energy Foundation China (hereafter “EFC”), including financial accounting and reporting, payroll preparation and administration, budget preparation and control, Grant/FIP management accounting, auditing and general management. He/she will work with the Finance team, including Finance Director, Senior Finance Administrators, and collaborates with US finance team and other teams. The ideal candidate has finance and accounting experiences in the iNGO sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial accounting and reporting
Assist in development and implementation of financial and accounting policies to improve analysis and reporting to management, streamline/enhance process workflows of department, and ensure compliance to meet all statutory requirements, including Charity Law, iNGO Law, taxation laws, foreign exchange policy, as well as the need of internal management
Manage the bookkeeping function, with guidance from Finance Director, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll, grant/FIP payments etc. in the financial accounting systems
Review and evaluate financial statement, reports, and ensure the integrity and accuracy of the information, in accordance with both China and U.S. accounting principles
Manage cash flow & forecasting, conduct bank and other reconciliations and oversee all accounts
Supervise tax reporting
Oversee the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
Assist the Finance Director with financial reporting as required
Payroll preparation and administration
Manage payroll functions to ensure that staff are paid in a timely and accurate manner
Manage the social benefits payment to ensure the statutory social benefits and housing fund are paid in a timely and accurate manner
Prepare the individual income tax reports and ensure the tax payment completed in accordance with the tax law
Prepare personnel cost allocations in monthly basis
Manage the annual individual tax reporting process including providing accurate data and informing staff in a timely manner, so as to ensure that staff complete the report in compliance with the tax law
Budget preparation and control
Work on EFC’s annual budget, coordinate with all programs and operations departments to ensure timely delivery
Conduct budget analysis, propose adjustments based on the organization’s target
Monitor G&A expenses for the purpose of budget control, remind relevant programs or operations departments as needed
Grant/FIP management accounting
Assist in development and implementation of financial policy for grant/FIP management, and ensure compliance with China policies, as well as the need of internal control
Prepare, analyze, and review schedules for annual audit process
Assist Finance Director on annual audit of MPS by supervising reports preparation, reviewing the reports to be delivered, and checking audit report for any discrepancy, communicating with auditor when necessary
Assist Finance Director on the annual audit in the U.S. , review the work report for any discrepancy, communicating with auditor when necessary
Work cooperatively with external auditor in preparation of audited financial statements and ensures all necessary filings are completed
Assist Finance Director to respond to other external audits or inquiry from funders when necessary
Assist Finance Director to manage internal control e.g. review contracts payment requests/reimbursement from financial management perspective to ensure that all payments are in line with laws and policies
Assist Finance Director to liaise with regulators, tax authorities and NGO counterparts to monitor the changes of legislative environment and ensure EFC is fully aware of and prepared for the potential risks from financial management perspective
Provide training to staff on accounting procedures, reporting requirements, and budgeting skills as needed
Assist Finance Director to budget and manage G&A expenses for the Finance Department
Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by Finance Director
Back up other colleagues as needed.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related majors.
· Working experience:minimum 8 years of Accounting and Finance experience. CPA, ACCA, or equivalent, and experiences in NGO are preferred.
· Language level:proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese.
· Process management: the ability to design and manage financial processes, and communicate with related stakeholders clearly and effectively.
· Communication:ability to communicate logically and articulate key messages/points with a clear structure and fact-based supporting arguments, listen actively to the audience’s purpose and communicate effectively in public.
· Problem-solving: ability to define the key issues when facing problems, make analyses with logical thinking, propose possible solutions and resolve issues independently.
· Service orientation: delicate to meet the expectations and requirements of other colleagues in line with organization goals, understand others’ needs with empathy, show consideration, act with a can-do attitude and go the extra mile in providing services to others.
· Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
· Mission-driven/Initiative –Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
· Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions, which benefit all involved. parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
Please email a cover letter and resume, with the subject line "Finance Manager", to email@example.com.