Reports To: Program Officer & Research Fellow, International Climate Affairs
Duration: 12 months with possibility to extend
In summary, Consultant will perform the following work for EF China:
Overseeing the entire organization and management of important events for the President’s Special Fund, planning event details, tracking the progress and coordinating tasks to ensure on-time completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Events Organization and Management
· Support the design and organization of mega-events, including but not limited to, drafting itinerary/agenda, developing work plan for key patterners, preparing invitation, inviting experts, and, etc.
· Monitor overall events operation and manage to address potential problems that may arise.
· Develop plans for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event.
· Conduct logistics memo and support to prepare related materials of the event.
· Maintain working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events.
· Support International Climate Affairs team members to maintain budget progress, and proceed the payment as needed.
· Coordinate closely with internal and external experts, vendors, venues, and partners related to international collaboration events.
· Assist International Climate Affairs team members to prepare funder engagement materials such as newsletters, meeting summary, policy analysis, partner updates for event dissemination.
· Maintain the list of partners for PSF, assist in inviting international and domestic experts to extend EF China’s stakeholders.
· Translate written materials from English to Chinese or vice versa as required;
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned;
· Other related duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Interest in the subject matter of public policy and management, global climate governance, energy and environment issues;
· Education: bachelor degree or above, preferably in a related field: business administration, communications, public policy and management, environmental sciences, international relations, or other related majors, plus 3 years’ experience in mega-events management or the relevant field.
· English level: Strong ability to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
· Analysis and synthesis: strong skills in data accuracy and ability to examine and interpret a wide variety of data, and synthesize the data and develop a recommended course of action.
· Problem solving skills: Ability to use logics to solve complicated problems independently.
· Communications: Strong team working abilities are required.
· This consultant literally has done strategy development and compiles complete strategy paper. A sample or an example of her/his past work would be more than helpful.
· Ethical Behavior/Integrity – Demonstrates principled performance and sound ethics, showing consistency among principles, values and behaviors to build trust and credibility internally and externally.
· Mission-driven/Initiative –Inspired by the organization's vision and mission, and take actions with ownership, can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
· Team Spirits – Collaboratively works toward solutions which benefit all involved parties; willingly cooperate with others to accomplish team/organization objectives.
Please email a cover letter and resume, subject line "Application of Consultant, Event Coordinator", to firstname.lastname@example.org.