Purpose and Scope of the Job
With hundreds of millions of people relying on smartphone Apps to perform everyday activities, from mobility to stay-at-home entertainment, from meals to education, the internet is increasingly embedded in large scale offline activities that inevitably leave climate and environmental footprints. Greenpeace is looking for a Climate and Energy Campaigner to promote climate and broad environmental responsibilities among China’s biggest platform companies. The post holder will contribute to an exciting new cross-issue project that investigates the pathways through which big consumer-facing technology companies impact our climate and environment, and have the opportunity to lobby companies strategically to mitigate these impacts. The post holder will join a vibrant community of Climate and Energy Campaigners at Greenpeace Beijing, and have the chance to contribute to projects in diverse fields such as automobiles, renewable energy, energy storage, climate finance, etc.
1. Develop and implement effective and integrated campaign plans, strategies and tactics related to the overall vision, goals and objectives.
2. Provide expertise with respect to specialized campaign areas. Maintain high-level knowledge on the campaign issues.
3. Actively represent Greenpeace in front of the business, scientific and government sectors, the environmental community at large and the media (traditional and new), to achieve campaign objectives and strengthen the profile and credibility of Greenpeace. Respond to public inquiries about campaign issues and other matters as need
4. Liaise and build relationships with business, government and non-governmental organizations on issues relevant to campaign objectives. Effectively present information to a variety of audiences.
5. Conduct research and investigation in relation to the objectives and plans of campaign projects.
6. Travel to other Greenpeace offices, campaign locations, or locations where related campaign issues require the presence of Greenpeace representatives.
7. Manage contractors as required in compliance with Greenpeace East Asia policies. Manage project budgets and expenditure responsibly.
8. Discretion is exercised in handling confidential and sensitive information.
Skill and expertise required
1. Bachelor degree or above in the field of energy, climate change, environmental protection, or other sustainability-related fields.
2. Professional experience in the field of energy, climate change, environmental protection, or other sustainability-related fields
3. Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese.
1. Experience of working in the technology or energy sector.
2. Familiarity in non-profit operation and project management, especially in a cross-cultural work environment.
How to apply:
Interested parties please apply with your resume here, or send via Greenpeace career site: https://careers.gpeastasia.org/job/Campaigner_Plastic/571974410/.
Application with motivation letter is preferred.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
Greenpeace is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant‘s merits and abilities.