Climate crisis is imminent, however the automobile industry is not transitioning effectively to be compatible with the Paris agreement goal. Gasoline cars still dominate the roads, while the manufacturing supply chain is far from reaching zero emission. Metal resources are also increasingly extracted and wasted by the industry with a linear production model. Our campaign aims to push the global car industry to quit internal combustion engines, decarbonize the supply chain, and shake up the linear production model.
We are looking for a Campaigner who possesses knowledge in at least one of the related sectors, such as automobile, steel, and battery. Having a climate and carbon related background is a plus. The position would need to work closely with a multinational team from Korea, Japan, and Germany. Good communication skills are required.
Purpose and Scope of the Job
The Campaigner is responsible for development and implementation of effective and integrated campaign work to achieve Greenpeace's mission.
The post holder is line managed by the Program Manager or Project Manager and assists in planning, development and implementation of campaign strategies, plans, and procedures.
The post holder will usually work in a team composed of campaign, communications & multimedia, research, and analytics staff. The post holder may be assigned to work in projects which involve other Greenpeace offices.
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of effective and integrated campaign plans, strategies and tactics related to the overall vision, goals, and objectives of the organization.
2. Analyze the new developments in support of campaign vision, goals, and objectives. Stay abreast of current and emerging developments relating to the campaign issues.
3. Conduct research and investigation in relation to the objectives and plans of campaign projects.
4. Implement the assigned projects effectively by ensuring the project direction and strategy is clearly followed and executed. Collaborate with other team members effectively to deliver the project outcomes.
5. Show commitment to the team by providing support or sharing to teammates whenever necessary.
6. Evaluate project achievements and shortcomings at designated points of evaluation. Complete evaluation reports as required, follow-up on the recommendations and lessons learned accordingly.
7. Manage contractors as required in compliance with Greenpeace East Asia policies. Manage project budgets and expenditure responsibly.
• Bachelor degree or above in the social science related field.
• Familiar with the related sectors, such as automobile, steel, battery, etc.
• Being able to communicate fluently in English under the cross-cultural work environment.
• Having a climate and carbon related background.
• Experience in international project.
• Familiarity in campaigning and/or non-profit operation, project management.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
(All information collected for recruitment purpose only)
Greenpeace is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicant's merits and abilities.