Job Title: Beijing Raptor Rescue Centre Manager/Disaster Response Coordinator
Report to: Program Manager
The position’s primary goal is to support effective and efficient development and implementation of IFAW’s wildlife rescue and disaster response strategies, working closely with Program Manager, Country Director and Global Rescue Program Directors to lead the Beijing Raptor Rescue Center (BRRC) to operate in accordance with IFAW’s standards set for Centre of Excellence (CoE), coordinate and participate in disaster responses in Asia and support IFAW’s Wildlife Crime Prevention Programs by improving handling of Live Animals Seized in Trade (LAST)
· Work closely with Program Manager, Country Director and Rescue Programs teams in developing and adaptively adjusting BRRC’s strategy to make sure BRRC’s work is in accordance with IFAW’s wildlife rescue and disaster response strategies;
· Oversee the day-to-day operations of BRRC’s rescue and rehabilitation program, ensure BRRC’s operation is in an effective manner in consistent with IFAW’s mission and adhered to IFAW policies and standards for Centre of Excellence;
· Develop and maintain IFAW Animal Rescue Networks in China by fostering the engagement of relevant stakeholders in the fields of animal rescue, emergency sheltering, veterinary care, humane law enforcement, animal health and welfare, humanitarian aid, and disaster management. Enhance the capacity and credibility of BRRC as an effective and efficient capacity building hub to improve raptor rescue in China;
· Work closely with program manager and global programs teams in enhancing BRRC’s scientific and clinical research capacity and maintaining close strategic partnerships with Beijing Normal University and other institutions and research bodies;
· Develop and implement response plan(s) for rescue and/or relief based on remote and field assessments, and deploy as Field Team Lead to oversee response teams engaged in rescue activities, ensuring responder safety and best practices;
· Perform rescue interventions while mentoring IFAW and partner responders in order to build internal and external capacity and capabilities;
· Work closely with program manager and global programs teams in developing guidance, protocols, tools and resources related to animal rescue, disaster preparedness and recovery for all species;
· Manage Project budget to ensure project activities and expenditures are on time.
· Monitor and evaluate BRRC’s impact timely using PMEL, Log Alto and other available tools. Compile and ensure timely submission of project updates, data and reports;
· Work closely with program manager in management of all BRRC staff. Provide support and guidance, increase internal capacity, monitor performance, build team spirit and provide a communication bridge between IFAW global and China Management Team and BRRC staff.
· Work closely with program manager and communications manager in deploying content collectors, preparing response communication plans and generating communications materials to support communications and fund-raising effort. Ensures animal stories, photos and rescue activities are shared with the communications team in a timely manner.
· Serve as public face of the BRRC to the public and/or media, clearly articulating IFAW and BRRC’s mission, programs and impact to increase visibility of BRRC and enhance IFAW and BRRC’s reputation and standing.
· Performs other duties and functions as requested by IFAW.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· BS/BA degree in veterinary sciences, animal welfare, or emergency management related field is preferred, or 5+ years of commensurate field experience;
· Strong project management skills and at least 3 years of project management experience in rescue, rehab and disaster response;
· At least 3 years of experience in hands on animal rescue/rehab as well as disaster response;
· Strong networking skills; capable of managing a multi-stakeholder response involving government authorities, international and local NGOs, civil protection agencies, and local communities;
· Experience in developing and delivering training content to internal and external audiences;
· Proven record of leadership and management skills.
· Excellent skills in problem solving, setting priorities, delegating, meeting deadlines and multi-tasking.
· Demonstrated ability to work under adverse conditions and handle stressful situations;
· Ability to work with a variety of staff, partners, specialists and volunteers.
· Ability to travel globally for extended periods, at times on short notice;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org