The ICRC Regional Delegation in Beijing seeks to fill the following position:
The position of Accountant 1 is in charge of preparing, reconciling and analysing the accounting records and financial reports of the delegation/ sub-delegation/ mission. The responsibility of this position covers accounting duties, bank management, cash management as well as other F&A duties.
· Internally, interacts with the Accountant 2, Finance Responsible and F&A manager of the delegation/ sub-delegation/ mission, as well as “clients” from other departments.
· Externally, interacts with banks and suppliers when necessary.
· Answers semi-routine and non-standard inquires and makes decisions on specific accounts.
· The accounting volume of the delegation/ structure ranges from CHF 4’000’000 to CHF 5’000’000.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Handles bookkeeping duty: enters the invoices on regular basis into accounting application and checks that they are correctly charged as per chart of accounts, charges of personal account of private expense and salary advance, reimbursement of mission expense, etc. Prints & signs the vouchers and provides the printout of daily control lists.
· Takes part in keeping ledger files, vouchers, daily cash control and journal lists.
· Takes part in the establishment of complete accounting documents including invoice and voucher duly stamped, approved and signed.
· Follows up with correspondence with other departments to ensure that supporting documents are well attached as per ICRC accounting regulation requested.
Bank Accounts Management
· Handles and follows up on correspondence with the bank.
· Issues checks and bank transfers as payments to vendors / other third parties, and ensures they are duly signed and stamped as requested by the bank.
· Prepares application forms for foreign exchange of the funds from HQ.
· Delivers checks and payment requests to the bank on weekly basis.
· Follows up with receipt confirmations after the payments when necessary according to ICRC regulation.
· Purchases checks and payment request forms from the bank when necessary.
· Handles working advances.
· Assists in cash management with the finance team.
· Issues cash withdrawal check and goes to bank for cash withdrawal on weekly basis or whenever necessary
General Financial Duties
· Understands ICRC's accounting system and explains it to colleagues, including per diem calculation, reimbursement regulation, payment requests, etc.
· Applies ICRC procedures. In case of eventual discrepancies or irregularities informs superior immediately.
· Knows how to apply the financial procedure (AoE, limits for signatures, etc), collects requests for the month and updates in accounting application.
· Assists in replying to internal audit (FAD/REV) accounting comments and liaises with accountants in sub-sites.
· Handles and follows up correspondence HQ through supervisors for other financial related issues when necessary.
· Collects original invoices for VAT refund purposes.
· Sorts the VAT invoices and fills in the refund request form in the VAT refund system on quarterly basis, prints out the VAT refund request form, prepares the forms with duly signature and stamps and arrange submitting to MFA.
· Corresponds with the IT responsible for monthly telecommunication bills.
· Assists other admin team members when necessary and replaces them during their absence (Accountant 2, Cashier).
· Prepares and verifies invoices and compiles all necessary data for accounting purpose
The employee may be asked to perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.
· Accounting diploma
· 1-2 years’ work experience in a similar field
· Good command of English
· Good computer skills
· Rigorous and trustful person
· Analytical skills
· Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
· Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
· Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
· Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
· Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
· Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
· Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
· May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, by email only to: BEJ_HR@icrc.orgAttn: Human Resources Department
Deadline for applications: 17th August 2022
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview